Pivot International is a leading global product development, design, engineering, and manufacturing firm based in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We have enjoyed explosive growth in recent years and know that our employees are our most valuable resource and continue to be the driving force behind our success.
With offices around the world, we strive to provide a collaborative work environment and are always searching for top talent. If you don’t see a position that fits you, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Castle Creations is the leading aftermarket manufacturer of high-performance electronic speed controls, brushless DC motors and accessories for the radio-controlled hobby market as well as mission-critical commercial applications. Castle has 16 patents and 23 years of innovation in ESC and motor design with a reputation for superior performance, high quality, and “make-it-right” customer service.
Why Castle Creations?
- Stable and GROWING company
- We make interesting products (electronic speed controls and motors) for a positively fun market (radio controlled vehicles)
- Essential business - we also build products for commercial, industrial and military customers with mission-critical applications
- Great work environment - positive, productive, organized and flexible
- Friendly coworkers - our people are what make us unique and great
- Opportunities for growth
- Soldering experience (preferred)
- Manual dexterity for working with small components
- Good eyesight including close and distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time and perform continuous operations
- Flexible to work in other positions on assembly lines as needed (inspection, test, packaging, etc.)
- Familiar with component polarities and ability to verify solder and component placement on circuit boards
- High school diploma or GED
Job Type: Full-time and Part-Time positions available
Responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with Pivot International’s need for production and non-production materials. These materials are to be purchased at a competitive cost, from high-quality vendors with on-time delivery. Responsible for timely planning and scheduling of receipts of these materials and finished goods as appropriately concluded with a requestor (i.e. Project Manager, Engineers, Customers, etc.)
The Senior Technical Buyer role requires minimal direction and is expected to handle more complex and multiple projects; demonstrates a leadership role with others within the Supply Chain Department and offers training and assistance to other members of this group.
1. Complies with all Pivot Quality System procedures and work instructions.
2. Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Negotiates the best possible price
- Arrange discounts, favorable terms and problem resolution
- Develop resource for alternative suppliers
- Develop sources and networks in the market for products
- Proactively handles shortages and other situations by building up a system of alternative suppliers or materials and monitoring market and industry trends for domestic and international locations
3. Inventory Control
- Proactively handle shortages and other situations by building up a system of alternative suppliers or materials and monitoring market and industry trends for monitoring market and business trends for all sites
- Maintain and create reports required for inventory/ materials management
- Coordinates return material and finished goods logistics, with third-party logistics providers
- Tracking stock status and availability for products required to support client’s orders and forecasts at all sites
- Procurement of materials required but not limited to Pivot-KC, to meet production schedules
4. Process client orders
- Review client purchase orders for completeness and accuracy prior to accepting
- Coordinate the timely processing of client purchase orders or schedule changes
- Create and manage the client’s open-order schedules
- Enter orders into the MRP/ERP system
- Responsible for planning and forecasting of all raw materials for supply chain
5. Maintain Pivot-KC MRP/ERP database.
6. Standard cost evaluations and updates at Pivot-KC. Monitoring cost evaluations and updates for domestic and international locations.
7. Liaison between Supply Chain Department at Pivot-KC and other Supply Chain Departments for domestic and international locations.
8. Ensure that all purchasing activities support Pivot's ISO policies and practices
9. Aware of project milestones, able to respond, react and resolve financial project issues impacting the project’s success.
10. Makes good use of time and can set priorities to meet organizational and departmental goals.
11. Performs other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with four years of work-related supply chain experience; or equivalent work-related experience, preferably in the engineering and/or manufacturing field.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving, analytical, data analysis, critical thinking, decision-making and negotiating.
- Advanced working knowledge of purchasing and inventory control principles.
- Advanced organization skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with production/inventory control and ERP/MRP software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work under pressure with limited or no supervision.
- Ability to work with others, clients, vendors and co-workers, in a courteous and professional manner.
Job Type: Full-time position
Mid-Continent Custom Electronics (MCCE) was established in 1972 as an electronics manufacturing company, located in Lee’s Summit, MO. They are an industry leader in the development of custom-designed electronic components, both original design manufacturing (ODM) and electronic manufacturing services (EMS). They serve all industries and product categories, specializing in electro-mechanical and box electronics, throughout the world.
Responsible for providing technical support to internal and external customers. Works closely with customers to help implement product designs, prototypes, and existing product changes. Assists production in trouble-shooting manufacturing challenges as well as improvement of manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write test procedures for manufactured product.
- Write work instructions for new and existing product.
- Read and build products from schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Prepare drawings of parts to be used for manufacturing.
- Construct and enter bills of material.
- Maintains records and files of all completed engineering work.
- Test preexisting designs.
- Builds prototypes of planned product.
- Assist with the development, testing and manufacture of products.
- Provides suggestions for ways in improve products and process of manufacturing said product.
- Provide backup to test technician.
- Work with customers on all changes to their product.
- Answer employee or customer technical questions concerning the manufacture or function of the product.
- Provide technical support to the customers.
- Write Engineering Change Notice and Deviation Reports.
- May use computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Reports to the Plant Manager.
Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Solid Works or equivalent (CADD) knowledge and experience.
- Experience with MRP Data Entry.
- Excel proficiency is required.
- Mechanical assembly and working in a manufacturing setting experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Test technician ability is needed.
Education and Work Experience:
- Associates Degree in Electronics (required)
- Minimum 3 years working in manufacturing
Job Type: Full-time position