Pivot International is a leading global product development, design, engineering, and manufacturing firm based in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We have enjoyed explosive growth in recent years and know that our employees are our most valuable resource and continue to be the driving force behind our success.
With offices around the world, we strive to provide a collaborative work environment and are always searching for top talent. If you don’t see a position that fits you, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Location: Castle Creations – Olathe, KS
Castle Creations is the leading aftermarket manufacturer of high-performance electronic speed controls, brushless DC motors and accessories for the radio-controlled hobby market as well as mission-critical commercial applications. Castle has 16 patents and 23 years of innovation in ESC and motor design with a reputation for superior performance, high quality and “make-it-right” customer service.
Castle Creations is a subsidiary of Pivot International, a global single-source design, development, engineering, and manufacturing company headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas. Pivot, along with their companies, provide product development based in the United States and Europe while offering our customers the financial advantages of global tooling, procurement, and manufacturing at their facilities in the US, Europe, and Asia. We offer a unique suite of product design services with the expertise to deliver only the most effective solutions. We have enjoyed explosive growth in recent years and know that our employees are our most valuable resource and continue to be the driving force behind our success.
Responsibilities include assembling electronic components, subassemblies and systems using lead-free solder, and JBC Solder Stations. Assemblers are expected to follow production work instructions and shop orders to complete product assembly with the highest quality and efficiency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set up and operate appropriate equipment, tools, and fixtures for product assembly
- Soldering of wires and components to printed circuit boards
- Assembly and soldering of wiring harnesses
- Hand assembly of plastic and metal heat sinks and case parts
- Operate and supervise automatic epoxy resin potting machines
- Functional testing of work in progress and completed units
- Packaging of finished goods (box and clamshell)
- Works with production supervisor to ensure product quality by identifying and resolving assembly issues and highlighting continuous improvement opportunities
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment
- Read and apply documented quality system procedures
- Read and understand assembly drawings and Bills of Material
- High school diploma or GED
- Soldering experience
- Manual dexterity for working with small components
- Good eyesight including close and distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time and perform continuous operations
- Flexible to work in other positions on assembly lines as needed (inspection, testing, packaging, etc.)
- Familiar with component polarities and ability to verify solder and component placement on circuit boards
Skills & Desired Qualities:
- Electronics Manufacturing Environments: 2 years preferred
- Soldering SMT and THT components: 1 year preferred
- Strong attention to detail and consistency
- Positive attitude with ability to function in a team environment
Job Type: Full-time, 5 month temporary
Schedule: Monday - Friday